cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-WAE-502-K(

mike-hawley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have one of the 502-k9 modules for a Cisco ISR, but there has been some documentation that states it can be used as a ”Content Engine”. I am trying to upgrade the WAE-502-K9 with the ACNS image but it fails.

Below are the snapshots of the status of the card;

Test_Branch_RTR#service-module integrated-Service-Engine 1/0 status

Service Module is Cisco Integrated-Service-Engine1/0

Service Module supports session via TTY line 66

Service Module is in Steady state

Getting status from the Service Module, please wait..

Cisco Wide Area Application Services Software 4.0.13 (b23 Sep 25 2007 16:25:59)

Restarted at Fri May 5 00:00:41 2006

Can you advise how I convert this NM to be a “Content Engine” please???

4 Replies 4

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

If you need to change the NME-WAE from ACNS to WAAS or vice-versa there is one caveat that does not allow success.

The instructions are found on page 14-14 of this document. You will need two files the .sysimg and the .bin.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v407/configuration/guide/maint.htm

Use the link above and follow the steps needed to change the software overfrom ACNS to WAAS on the NME-WAE. In the steps it tells you to session in and issue a reload, then session in again right away to watch the WAE boot. Well it rejects your second session once you issue the reload. Instead opentwo sessions to the NME-WAE and issue the reload from one and then you will be able to watch the reboot from the other. This allows you to issue the next step in the procedure.

Thanks for the post mate, but the link does not work on the Cisco web-site.

Are you able to re-post please?

Thanks again - Mike

Thanks Dan.

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: