Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN

gurkamal01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i wanted to know that i have cable internet at home how can i access my router from office

my router is a 2620 which has 1-wicT and isdn briU in its slots

where do i connect the internet connector which is coming from a modem

what is Isdn BRI U module used for?

and what is the AUX port on the

router used for?

Please help me out

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gursaran,

Where you want to attach WIC1T? PC or Router?

Its use for Cisco Router only.

When your PC is connected via EIA/TIA 568 to the Internet, then you can access your office equipment (Cisco Router/Switch), but for that you need a Public IP to your office Equipment. Doing the same you can telnet/SSH from your home.

WIC1T is required for router to carry the serial connection. V.35 provides the clocking for the DTE interface, which is WIC1T or Cisco Router's Serial Interface.

Thanks

Goutam

Please rate if I am Informative!!!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Goutam Sanyal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Gursaran,

Your post is not sufficient to make any reply.

I am assuming that if you have a public IP for your office Internet, if you have the same than you can access your router from outside of office.

As per you next part also I am assuming that the modem is V.35, then you need to connect it at serial port 1-WICT.

Also I am assuming that you are familiar with ISDN reference points, i.e. R, S, and T. For the ISDN “U” reference point is basically between NT1 devices and line-termination equipment in the carrier network.

The purpose of the AUX port is use for Asynchronies connection. You can connect a Asynchronies Modem to login to the router.

For more details for ISDN you can visit :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1330/tsd_technology_support_technical_reference_chapter09186a008075ab2d.html

Thanks

Goutam

Please rate if I am informative!!!

Hi

i apreciate your response gautam

what i have at home for internet is digital broadband box from which a cable which is Tia/Eia 568 runs to my computer ethernet port

the connectors at both look like an RJ45 but a slightly bigger

do i still need to attach to the wic1t or not

how does it work?

One thing by external IP address you mean internet right?

please guide me cause everything i learn is from here

Thanks a lot

how do i come to know the modem is v.35 or not

one th

Hi Gursaran,

Where you want to attach WIC1T? PC or Router?

Its use for Cisco Router only.

When your PC is connected via EIA/TIA 568 to the Internet, then you can access your office equipment (Cisco Router/Switch), but for that you need a Public IP to your office Equipment. Doing the same you can telnet/SSH from your home.

WIC1T is required for router to carry the serial connection. V.35 provides the clocking for the DTE interface, which is WIC1T or Cisco Router's Serial Interface.

Thanks

Goutam

Please rate if I am Informative!!!

Hi

i appreciate your response

v.35 is cable standard right which connects to DCE Right?

what is the differece between a serial and ISDN connection

can anybody please help me with that?

STRANGE !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card