Cable part number

Unanswered Question
Mar 19th, 2008

I need a cale part number thats connected to a port adapter PA-4E1G-120 having G.703 conector at one end and the other end having UTP RJ-45. The length of the cable should be 8 mitres.

I found the cable as CAB-E1-RJ45(=). But unable to find the price anywhere in cisco. I need to know whether this cable is available or not. If available what is the price.

The reference doc that i got regarding this is

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 2 (1 ratings)
jachowda Wed, 03/19/2008 - 22:17

Hi, Vaibhav. Thanks a lot for your concern. But my query remains same. the customer requires G.703 connector at one end and the another end RJ-45. I already suggested the customer about the partnumber that you found. But the customer rejected it.

vaisharm Wed, 03/19/2008 - 23:17

Well, that's strange as page 12 of the document that you included clearly mentions CAB-E1-RJ45=


jachowda Wed, 03/19/2008 - 23:39

Ya, you are right. But i am not able to get that particular cable part number neither in Dynamic configuration tool nor in Global Pricing List. can u provide me any alternative part number with the same requirement..

i-kendall Thu, 03/27/2008 - 15:04

Forget the cable, they were always a rare find. Get a g.703 75/120 ohm balun and use a normal RJ45 cable and normal coax cable to make it the length you need. All you need to do is convert the impedance, which is what the balun does for you. I see from your profile you are in India, but you should be able to get locally. In the UK you can get the balun from Black Box. See


This Discussion