Views
Helpful
Replies

call spike

anitachoi3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to config the router with this command. the setting is that it supports 10 call per second. how to set it?

rdgs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, you need 10 calls in the window for the threshold to fire. Calls above the threshold will be dropped. The threshold is configurable. If you want to allow more calls in the threshold, then increase the number from 10.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_c3_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1182322 for how to configure this command, and when this command was introduced.

For a threshold of 10 calls, you could do:

call spike 10

This would assume 5 steps with 200 ms per step for a window size of 1000 ms or 1 second. Therefore, the call dropping will kick in once the threshold of 10 calls per second has been exceeded.

Hi,

I have some questions if I config

call spike 10 (10 call per second)

if 9 incoming calls are in the first 100ms and then there is no call after next 900ms. cisco treats that it is under threshold.

is it correct?

If 11 incoming calls are in the first 100 ms, it hits the threshold. what cisco does it?

Does it block all incoming calls? (from 11th, 12th,..... call) is it configurable?

rdgs

Correct, you need 10 calls in the window for the threshold to fire. Calls above the threshold will be dropped. The threshold is configurable. If you want to allow more calls in the threshold, then increase the number from 10.