Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP distance

mohammedrafiq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have my router A connected to router B through ethernet.

Router A also connected to router 1 through dialer.

I am recieving Eigrp route 1.1.1.0 from router B as EXD with distance 170., also reciving route from router1 as distance 90,so this get into my routing table.

I would like to do load sharing and install both routes into routing table, so I have to make both route with same distance on routerA,

what is the best way to minipulate eigrp distace on A .I have access to all 3 routers.

Regards,

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both routes have to be equal in order to load-balance. In order to accomplish what you want, the route receive from Router B must come as internal route instead of external route.

Changing the distance won't provide the desire result, both routes must be either internal or external. Verify how the route is being injected into Router B and correct the issue.

HTH,

__

Edison.

Hi,

The route is redistributed from BGP into Eigrp on routerB.

So how can I make this route as internal ?

Regards,

The route must come native EIGRP not via redistribution. You can't change the route from external to internal by typing one command.

__

Edison.

thanks,

My routerB is connected to upstream MPLS router , running BGP, so thats why its learn orignal route.

Router1 is ISDN router and connected to another ISDN router running eigrp between them.

So looks like I am unable to do load-balance?

we trying to use both routers b/w.MPLS+ISDN

regards,

So looks like I am unable to do load-balance?

Can you bring the routes as external from the router 1?

Even by doing so, that's just the beginning. As I stated before, both routes must be identical so you will need to play around with the EIGRP metrics and if they don't match, then you need to deal with the variance.

EIGRP can load balance over unequal metric routes.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: