Views
Helpful
Replies

InterVLAN routing

mahendra.alhat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3750G-24PS switch i have three VALN's which are in different subnet mask how can i get access in between those Vlans

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as ip routing is turned on in the 3750 you should be able to talk between those vlans if everything is configured correctly.

Hi,

But i have problems while talking between vlan's. Can u please give me idea how to route between vlan

ok. firstly your switch must be able to do a layer 3 routing (Find out if the switch image is able to do rouitng). able to route between vlans. make sure ip routing is enable. you also need to create a SVI( Switch virtual interface) for each vlan for intervlan routing to work.

for example to route between vlan 1 and vlan 2, you need to create a SVI for both vlan 1 and vlan 2. switch(config) int vlan1, give it an address. do the same for vlan 2 and it should work.

make sure you PC's gateway is the SVI on the switch. if the PC's are in vlan 1, their gateway should be the address for Vlan SVI.

Franco

please rate if this helps

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Mahendra,

Can you please post the running-config of the switch here?

Thank you:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: