cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

India Dialplan

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All, looking for a bit of advice on what dialplan is generally used in India. I'm not sure in which region the site is going in but any advice would be appreciated.

I've had a quick search on the net and drew a blank. Also, Cisco don't appear to do a dialplan installer. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

aamercado
Level 4
Level 4

It was a while ago but here is my notes when I did an install in Bangalore. In my case, they used 0 instead of 9 for outside line code:

Local 0.[2-8]XXXXXXX (8-digits)

0.9XXXXXXXX (10-digits for Cell Mobile)

STD-LongDist 0.0[1-9]XXXXXXXX (11-digits)

ISD-Intl 0.00[1-9]!

0.00[1-9]!#

Collect-Intl 000!

000!#

Toll-Free (VSNL) 000! But we us 7000! And 700!# instead to avoid duplicate

000!#

I forgot what STD and ISD stands for but VSNL is the telco carrier. I don't recall completely but believe different telco carriars may have overlap in regards to toll free number which made me use a different access code.

Hi Anthony, thanks for the quick reply. If you don't mind me asking why did you need 3 sets of intl dialing route patterns?

I am not sure why my post are not getting in but if there is a whole lot of repeats...please bear with me.

I forgot what the difference in btwn ISD-Intl (International Subscriber Dialing) and Collect-Intl. Googling it implies collect calls:

http://realtravel.com/india-travel-guide-d701-1.2276927.html

For tollfree, there is overlap btwn different carriers as well as with Intl dialing and so we used 7 as an access code to avoide overlap

As a side note, if you are not aware already about the legal telco issues for India:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ciscoitatwork/unified_comm/ip_telephony_regulatory_compliance_in_india.html

TIA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: