cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to transfer a caller to the VM box?

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

For example, the assistant pick up her boss's phone and talk with the caller, then she want to transfer the user directly to her boss's VM box, let him leave a message.

We are using Unity Connection 1.2.

Thanks,

PS

Once we use Nortel VM, we achieve this feature by transfer the caller to a express messaging.

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeff,

You should be able to model something for Unity Connection much like what is shown in this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I can't reach the file due to account limit...

Jason Bree
Level 1
Level 1

We use **XXXXXXX to transfer directly to mail.

Hope that helps

Jason

What is XXXX represents? Extension number or VM pilot number? Thanks,

I tried as you said, but failed. I wonder the code "**" has not been configured in our system yet.

Under Device you need to configure a CTI route point for transfer to VM and set the DN as **458xxxx in my case.

Jason

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeff,

I have attached the doc below :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Let's try this again :)

Thanks Rob and Jason, I appreciate your help!

Your answer solved 50% of my problem. I didn't mention at the begining, our system is an integration of 50% Nortel and 50% Cisco, both of the users are using Unity VM.

So you helped me to solve the Cisco part, but for Nortel User, I still need to find the solution...(Current connection: Nortel PBX---PIMG--cisco Unity)

We have the same set up right now. Told nortel users they are out of luck till their site gets IP phones