cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to transfer a caller to the VM box?

jeffshen1215
Level 1
Level 1

For example, the assistant pick up her boss's phone and talk with the caller, then she want to transfer the user directly to her boss's VM box, let him leave a message.

We are using Unity Connection 1.2.

Thanks,

PS

Once we use Nortel VM, we achieve this feature by transfer the caller to a express messaging.

9 Replies 9

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeff,

You should be able to model something for Unity Connection much like what is shown in this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I can't reach the file due to account limit...

Jason Bree
Level 1
Level 1

We use **XXXXXXX to transfer directly to mail.

Hope that helps

Jason

What is XXXX represents? Extension number or VM pilot number? Thanks,

I tried as you said, but failed. I wonder the code "**" has not been configured in our system yet.

Under Device you need to configure a CTI route point for transfer to VM and set the DN as **458xxxx in my case.

Jason

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeff,

I have attached the doc below :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Let's try this again :)

Thanks Rob and Jason, I appreciate your help!

Your answer solved 50% of my problem. I didn't mention at the begining, our system is an integration of 50% Nortel and 50% Cisco, both of the users are using Unity VM.

So you helped me to solve the Cisco part, but for Nortel User, I still need to find the solution...(Current connection: Nortel PBX---PIMG--cisco Unity)

We have the same set up right now. Told nortel users they are out of luck till their site gets IP phones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: