Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP Concurrent session restrictions

mlwalley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We recently moved our pptp vpn services over to our concentrator 3030 but we have an office that can not create multiple sessions from the same ip address. Our concentrator is an aaa client of our ACS device.

What I am looking for is the setting to allow multiple tunnels per ip address. All users have their own accounts so group settings for multiple sessions are not applicable here. I am just having a really hard time locating the option to allow this. I have been through every setting in the concentrator and all the settings in the acs. Can someone kindly point me to the appropriate option?

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies 3

markus.jahnke
Level 1
Level 1

Is the remote office sharing one internet ip via nat?

if yes, it is possible that the nating device (on the remote offie side) has trouble with more than one vpn connection.

I've seen this for IPSec VPN and sometimes a firemware upgrade or the option "ipsec/vpn passthrough" helps.

They are sharing with port address translation from a Cisco PIX I am sure since that is our standard config and they are a stand alone project from our office.

I migrated our pptp vpn services to our concentrator this past weekend (from Windows 2003 RRAS), up until that point they were able to have multiple sessions from one source ip.

Sounds like the problem is really on the concentrators side.

Do you have anything in the concentrators logs?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: