Views
Helpful
Replies

How to read the CallManager traces?

ysanadiga01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've collected a couple of CallManager traces in order to do some troubleshooting. Is there any tool or software available to read the traces in a simple way? At this moment when I open the text file, I can see only codes. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Sana

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'm not sure there is a tool to display them at 'simple' way, they usually display only a digested form of the trace and will bypass a lot of info.

under the serviceability there is an option to read the traces directly using the CCM serviceability. you can use it, maybe VLT also which is a very similar tool but this can be installed on your PC.

depending on what you want to troubleshoot the tool might not show all the info you need to determine the error

we usually do not use any tool and just open the txt files to TS things so if you got a nasty issue i'd say open a TAC case instead

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Javalenc,

Thanks for you reply. I was looking more for H.323 parsing tool. Do you know anyone out there?

Thanks.

Regards,

Sana

those tools also decode the h323 and q931 messages, they show them in a readable format if you're not familiar with the way it shows in the trace which is a little messy but that's the way ASN1 was defined

there is one known as the triple combo that also does the trick

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Hi Javalenc,

I'm using triple combo, but it's unfortunately can't parse H.323.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sana

try VLT

Cisco Voice Log Translator 2.7 User Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cvlt/2_7/english/user/guide/vlt27_ps556_TSD_Products_User_Guide.html

you can download it here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/voice-tool

maybe this will show the info the way you're looking for, i know for sure this one can handle H225 and H245 message since it's the one i use when i want to look at messages from a specific call since it can filter them by protocol or call reference among others. i always end up reading the txt but it's a lot easier if you have the timestamps to look at when there are a lot of calls on the same file =)

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

The Page You Have Requested Is Not Available for the user guide.

C

URLs change quite frequently in CCO, that's why I post the title for the doc.

If a link doesn't work, just search the title on CCO and you should get it.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: