cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista client LWAPP AP and WLC

itcarefree
Level 1
Level 1

Our Vista clients are having connection issues that doesn't seem to effect XP. I have several 1250's running LWAPP connected to a 2106 WLC (all behind a 3106 NAC Appliance). I have 2 laptops at my desk. One is running XP and another is running Vista. All connect to the wireless network the same way. My XP clients and test computer are able to maintain a connection at all times and run nicely. Vista clients and test computers are having a lot of problems. Outlook continually states that the connection to the server has been restored, Remote Desktop connections are dropped before I can type the username, and Internet connection need to be refreshed. When I run a continuous ping on the Vista stations about every 6th packet is dropped. I am not sure on troubleshooting this issue and need to find some kind of solution.

2 Replies 2

itcarefree
Level 1
Level 1

I installed vista SP1 and that seemed to have fixed a lot of the issues. Continuous pings still get dropped but with less frequency and that still causes some issues with Exchange connections.

We have experienced nearly the same thing with very similar setup just minus the NAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card