Online training for CCVP

Unanswered Question
Mar 20th, 2008

Does anyone know of an online training site that is Cisco approved for CCVP (web based/self-paced)?

I just passed the CIPT exam this morning. I knew I could pass that one without much studying since I have five solid years of Call Manager experience. My weak points will be the QoS and the Gateway/Gatekeeper exams. Plus, I can't find an updated TUC book. I think I'll be ok on CVOICE...but I'll need training classes for the other three exams. I'd like to do the web based/self-paced training if possible.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
dgalati000 Thu, 03/20/2008 - 13:29

Thomas, I just talked with Global Knowledge that has eLearning classes and self-paced eLearning on some of the CCVP track. This is the only alt to sitting in thier classes that I've found.

dgalati000 Thu, 03/20/2008 - 13:48

let me know what you find out. my company will pay for them but I have to do them on my time..which means I'll do the eLearning or selfbased.

thomas1 Mon, 03/24/2008 - 09:19

Looks like Global Knowledge only has the "Self-Paced e-Learning" for the CVOICE 642-432, and for CIPT 1 and 2 (642-444). I didn't check out any of the 6.0 track that Cisco has just introduced this month. We are still on 4.x and plan to be for at least two years.

dgalati000 Tue, 03/25/2008 - 03:47

Hi, thanks for the input Tom. This is where my expertise is at, I assume your past this though.

Do you have any lab requirements for prep for these cert tests? My boss will let us setup a lab at our HQ to facilitate test prep(we have custs we support with live VOIP nets but don't want to hang myself there).

thomas1 Tue, 03/25/2008 - 07:37

I'm not sure about lab requirements. We've talked about building a training lab complete with servers and gateways, but we haven't done it yet...don't have the time or the budget for it.

dgalati000 Tue, 03/25/2008 - 08:27

haha, aint that the truth...oh well. see ya round. do you want to exchange email addresses for future converstations?

This Discussion