cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7920 & 7921 Wireless Phones Constantly Re-registering on CME 4.1(0)

Hello All,

I am having an issue with some 7920 and 7921 wireless sets. They are constantly un-registering and re-registering. I am not sure what is causing this issue. Also, I am getting complaints that when a 7921 set calls a 7920 set, the 7921 locks up, and vice-versa. I am running the following versions:

CME Version 4.1(0)

IOS image c2801-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T.bin

Phone loads:

7921 CP7921G-1.1.1

7920 cmterm_7920.4.0-03-02

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

joaquincros
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is the switch, her configuration of each port. You met the switch port in mode "other". Saludos.

Thanks. I will check the switch port configuration. However, these are wireless phones, so I dont believe that the phones are actually plugged into a switch, but use a wireless access point to register. Do I need to check the configuration of the ports of which the access points are plugged in?..Also, I noticed during a "debug ephone registration", when the phone was unregistering, it mentioned something about a TCP timeout. Is this an issue with keepalives between the CME and the wireless phones??

I have had the same problem with cisco 7920 and 7921 and a Catalyst Switch 500 with its port configured mode access point. The problem is changing the port fix the way "other" in the web interface. It was a problem Roaming. Greetings.

Is this the web interface for the phone, or for the access point? Thanks for all the help so far

kenm
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar with remote site 7940 phones on a Cat-3560 to distant CallManager via 2801 SRST running IOS ver c2801-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1.bin.

The switch ports look fine; QoS is set, switch logs look OK. The 2801 router logs display very frequent un-registration followed by re-registration due to tcp time out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: