cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7920 & 7921 Wireless Phones Constantly Re-registering on CME 4.1(0)

Hello All,

I am having an issue with some 7920 and 7921 wireless sets. They are constantly un-registering and re-registering. I am not sure what is causing this issue. Also, I am getting complaints that when a 7921 set calls a 7920 set, the 7921 locks up, and vice-versa. I am running the following versions:

CME Version 4.1(0)

IOS image c2801-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T.bin

Phone loads:

7921 CP7921G-1.1.1

7920 cmterm_7920.4.0-03-02

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

joaquincros
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is the switch, her configuration of each port. You met the switch port in mode "other". Saludos.

Thanks. I will check the switch port configuration. However, these are wireless phones, so I dont believe that the phones are actually plugged into a switch, but use a wireless access point to register. Do I need to check the configuration of the ports of which the access points are plugged in?..Also, I noticed during a "debug ephone registration", when the phone was unregistering, it mentioned something about a TCP timeout. Is this an issue with keepalives between the CME and the wireless phones??

I have had the same problem with cisco 7920 and 7921 and a Catalyst Switch 500 with its port configured mode access point. The problem is changing the port fix the way "other" in the web interface. It was a problem Roaming. Greetings.

Is this the web interface for the phone, or for the access point? Thanks for all the help so far

kenm
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar with remote site 7940 phones on a Cat-3560 to distant CallManager via 2801 SRST running IOS ver c2801-advipservicesk9-mz.124-15.T1.bin.

The switch ports look fine; QoS is set, switch logs look OK. The 2801 router logs display very frequent un-registration followed by re-registration due to tcp time out.