Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AsyncOS Upgrade

If i do a download for Asyncos for a C10 or C100, can I use the same download on a C!%) and vice versa?

5 Replies 5

kluu_ironport
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, if you download the AsyncOS to a local upgrade server/Apache server, you can use that to upgrade both of your C-series appliances.

If i do a download for Asyncos for a C10 or C100, can I use the same download on a C!%) and vice versa?

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, if you download the AsyncOS to a local upgrade server/Apache server, you can use that to upgrade both of your C-series appliances.

That's certainly possible, but you're got to do it right...

By default AsyncOS upgrade files are only good for a single system - based on the serial number. If you download an upgrade for a one system and try and use it on another it will fail as the serial numbers won't match.

You can get around this by downloading a single file which is good for multiple systems. The easiest way to do this is to go to http://downloads.ironport.com/form.html and enter the multiple serial numbers, separated by a comma. The resulting file will then be good to upgrade all of the systems you enter (Presuming that it's a supported upgrade path/etc)

That's certainly possible, but you're got to do it right...

By default AsyncOS upgrade files are only good for a single system - based on the serial number. If you download an upgrade for a one system and try and use it on another it will fail as the serial numbers won't match.

You can get around this by downloading a single file which is good for multiple systems. The easiest way to do this is to go to http://downloads.ironport.com/form.html and enter the multiple serial numbers, separated by a comma. The resulting file will then be good to upgrade all of the systems you enter (Presuming that it's a supported upgrade path/etc)

That puts me on a disadvantage coz i have really poor links here. had downloaded using a certain appliance Serial number, hoping it would work on another.

Doc_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

That puts me on a disadvantage coz i have really poor links here. had downloaded using a certain appliance Serial number, hoping it would work on another.

Unfortunately if you've already downloaded the upgrade for one system there's nothing you can do to use it on another system - the upgrades are encrypted/checksumed/etc based on the serial number(s), so it's not even possible to modify it to work on another system.

At least you'll know for the future :)

Unfortunately if you've already downloaded the upgrade for one system there's nothing you can do to use it on another system - the upgrades are encrypted/checksumed/etc based on the serial number(s), so it's not even possible to modify it to work on another system.

At least you'll know for the future :)

for sure thanks. now I know better.