cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Abandoned Call

umarwaqqas
Level 1
Level 1

How can we define an Abandoned Call in IP Contact Centre ?

7 Replies 7

Look into the a call type and configuring a service level within that call type.

david

I mean to say that if the call is dropped or not attende by an Agent, is it abandoned call or what is the definition of abandoned call?

The definition of an "Abandoned Call" is a call that is not marked as "handled", i.e. it is not accepted by an agent before their CFwd setting expires or if the caller disconnects prior to being presented to an agent.

An abandoned call is a call in which the caller hangs up before the call is answered. You define this parameter on ICM Configuration Manager-> System Information->" Abandoned Call Wait Time"

Which means "The minimum time in seconds an incoming call must be queued before being considered an abandoned call if the caller hangs up." so if you set this parameter to say 5 (seconds) every Calls beyonds those 5seconds that didnt get answered is considered an Abandoned Call. Every call under 5seconds that didnt get answered will be considered a short Call.

HTH

If we are talking about IPCC then that is not a correct statement. An "abandoned" call can be more than just "the agent didnt pick up the call". It can also be if the caller disconnects and the script doesnt mark the call as "handled".

"An abandoned call is a call in which the caller hangs up before the call is answered"

this quote is from "Webview Help", so i didnt came up with that. the qoute above dont mean that Abondoned Calls = "the agent didnt pick up the Call".

Basically Abandoned Calls are everytime a Caller abondons the Call:

between short Calls (which are lower than the parameter "Abandoned Wait Call Time") and the "before the Call get answered"

HTH

I have a question about configuring "Abandoned Call Wait Time". How can I configure it in IPCC/UCCX 5.0(1). Or is there any similar setting, with different name but same function, in IPCC ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: