IP QM/IP IVR is unable to detect a busy signal from Cisco Untiy

Unanswered Question
Mar 21st, 2008

Hi, currently we have a contact center which serves a particular hotline. we want to redirect those calls that stay in the queue for more than 5 minutes (exceed the timeout threshold) to a Cisco Unity mailbox. It works perfectly fine when the mailbox is not full and there is available VM port. we are able to leave a voice mail into the mailbox.

However, we also want to handle the exception whereby where the mailbox is full or there isn't available VM port or the Cisco Unity service is down. We want to have the IP IVR/IP QM to play a pre-recorded message instead of hearing the fast busy tone.

I tried the "Label" to route the call from ICM to Unity, with the "Target Requery" enabled. On fail node, connect it to a "Run External script" which contains a VRU script for playing the message. What I heard was engaged tone. The system is not able to play any message. This is the same when I used the IVR script to "redirect" call to the dummy route point which is forward all to the voicemail.

Is there a way to achieve this? The following are the details for the current setup:

1. CCM 4.0(2a) SR2b

2. IP QM 3.5.2

3. IPCC Enterprise 6.0 SR2b

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks & Regards,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Sat, 03/22/2008 - 04:27

To my knowledge there is no way to achieve this. Basically once you send the call out to Unity there is no control over it. Theoretically, you could maybe reserve some ports just for the IVR which might make things easier since you have guaranteed ports, however depending on how many people are being sent to Unity, this might not help.

telcorinc Fri, 04/11/2008 - 06:04

Hello Eric.

I was hoping you could point me in the right direction on this one. I am trying to do the same thing with a queue script. Our support staff only wants the customer to remain in queue for 2 minutes. After two minutes they want the call dumped into their unity mailbox. Could you tell me how you're doing that, or possibly attach a copy of the script you're using so I can get a better understanding? Thanks!

eric.neoh Mon, 04/14/2008 - 20:02

Hi, James.

Basically there is always a timeout threshold for each Network VRU Script, whenever the timeout threshold is reached, the call will exit from the Fail node of the "Queue to Skill Group", then you may configure a Label to redirect the call to the Cisco Unity mailbox.

Hope this helps.

telcorinc Tue, 04/15/2008 - 06:16

Hey Eric, where do I find the timeout threshold? What you say makes sense about the label with the redirect, you just use a goto to direct where you want the script to go after the timeout period.

chrisharris Fri, 02/27/2009 - 09:39

Any answer for this? I am trying to do the same on ipcc express 5.0 and unity connection.

This Discussion