CCIE prerequisites.

Answered Question
Mar 22nd, 2008

Hi,

Do I need any valid certification for CCIE security written exam?

I have good work experience and while studying it looks easy to me.

I have been through the certifications section and it doesn't say any prerequisites as such. But I am confused; all my previous certs are expired. So what is it exactly I need a valid certification or no?

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Danilo Dy about 8 years 8 months ago

Hi,

No, any CCIE Written Exams doesn't have prerequisite. Yes, the written is easy.

Regards,

Dandy

Correct Answer by jcrussell about 8 years 8 months ago

You do not need any valid certification to do the CCIE. Just pass the written and the lab.

How much experience do you have? I went from CCNA to CCNP to CCIE R/S in less than a year, and I still would not characterize it as easy.

Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
jcrussell Sat, 03/22/2008 - 09:45

You do not need any valid certification to do the CCIE. Just pass the written and the lab.

How much experience do you have? I went from CCNA to CCNP to CCIE R/S in less than a year, and I still would not characterize it as easy.

kapish.mohole Sat, 03/22/2008 - 11:16

Thank you all for the reply...

I have been working for more than 5 years now, all 5 years major on firewalls/IDS/VPN then routing switching with good fundamentals. So I guess my experience covered major part of the written exam requirements, may be for lab to some extent.

On the book part, is below mentioned book the current official study guide for CCIE security? It is published in 2005. I mean, is it way too old. After 2005 there are many product line and technology changes happened.

CCIE Security Exam Certification Guide (CCIE Self-Study), 2nd Edition by Henry Benjamin.

ISBN-10: 1-58720-135-6; ISBN-13: 978-1-58720-135-6; Published: May 11, 2005; Copyright 2005; Pages: 720; Edition: 2nd.

Thanks

Correct Answer
Danilo Dy Sat, 03/22/2008 - 09:48

Hi,

No, any CCIE Written Exams doesn't have prerequisite. Yes, the written is easy.

Regards,

Dandy

Actions

This Discussion