cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on 2950. Service policy and trusted ports

Marcofbbr
Level 1
Level 1

Probably this question is not very useful in real life enviroments, but is just to understand (I'm studyng for QoS exam)

On a 2950(EI) switch, You can configure classification using:

- trust state (CoS/DSCP) that affects internalDSCP with COS-to-DSCP mapping or directly trusting DSCP of inconming frame

- using a service policy applied to interface with a policy-map configured to "set ip dscp X" that should directly affect internal DSCP value

What happens if both method are used? Which of the 2 commans has higher priority and affect the internalDSCP?

I was looking on Cisco site...but I can't find an answer.

hxxp://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12.1_22_ea5/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1045516

Hope for your comments

THanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Generally speaking if you have a service-policy on the ingress port and at the same time you trust the marking then the service policy takes precedence. If there is no match in the service policy then the trust is taken into account. From your link

"A policy-map configuration state supersedes any actions due to an interface trust state"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12.1_22_ea5/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1044930

HTH

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Generally speaking if you have a service-policy on the ingress port and at the same time you trust the marking then the service policy takes precedence. If there is no match in the service policy then the trust is taken into account. From your link

"A policy-map configuration state supersedes any actions due to an interface trust state"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12.1_22_ea5/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1044930

HTH

Jon

Thanks Jon,

I missed this one while reading. ;)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card