cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Got signal and associated but authentication failing

rileymartin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Windows 2003/IAS/RADIUS with a single AIR-AP1232AG-A-K9. Everything is setup for PEAP (EAP-MSCHAP V2). When I try to authenticate it fails. I'm REAL new to this so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help. I've attached some debug info from the AP:

3 Replies 3

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

If fast reconnect is enabled on the clients, make sure this is disabled, as this only

works with LEAP now.

If you have WDS enabled on the AP, please disable, it only works with LEAP.Also, you need to have at least one static WEP key defined, this key will be used as the initial broadcast key given to all clients. The key should be of 128bit length and in key slot 1.

Thanks for the reply.

On the web interface I selected EAP Authentication and typed in the address of the RADIUS server as well as the RADIUS secret. Then I clicked on WPA and typed in hte RADIUS address and secret again.

I read that WPA was better than WEP. Is this right? Is this working the way I think it is? Thanks.

When implementing 802.1x you need to setup WPA or WPA2 as the layer 2 authentication. WPA is better than WEP, but WPA-PSK has also been compromised. This link might help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_example09186a00801bd035.shtml

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: