cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 Upgrade

yipster222
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased a ASA 5505 (ASA5505-BUN-K9) a few months later I upgraded it with a Security Plus License (ASA5505-SEC-PL). But my user counts are still at 10. If I had purchased (ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9) the user counts are unlimited. Doesn't the Security Plus convert a standard ASA 5505 to the SEC-BUN-K9. I feel like I am short changed.

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

I believe when you enter/upgrade the license you would need to restart the firewall for new license to take effect, when you do show version what does it say, can you post the output of show version , ASA5505-SEC-PL should give you unlimited users, dmz support etc..

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

This is what I get from show version

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8

VLANs : 20, DMZ Unrestricted

Inside Hosts : 10

Failover : Active/Standby

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

VPN Peers : 25

WebVPN Peers : 2

Dual ISPs : Enabled

VLAN Trunk Ports : 8

AnyConnect for Mobile : Disabled

AnyConnect for Linksys phone : Disabled

Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled

This platform has an ASA 5505 Security Plus license.

I have same model as yours running version code 8.03, see the difference in inside hosts field..

Licensed features for this platform:

Maximum Physical Interfaces : 8

VLANs : 20, DMZ Unrestricted

Inside Hosts : Unlimited

Failover : Active/Standby

VPN-DES : Enabled

VPN-3DES-AES : Enabled

VPN Peers : 25

WebVPN Peers : 2

Dual ISPs : Enabled

VLAN Trunk Ports : 8

AnyConnect for Mobile : Disabled

AnyConnect for Linksys phone : Disabled

Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled

This platform has an ASA 5505 Security Plus license.

It could be possible the code you are running is not reading license right, I have another same model with the bun-k9 10 user lincense and I get restrictions when connections from inside exceed 10 concurrent outbound connections.

Are you getting any restrictions of any kinds connecting outbound? what code are you running.

Jorge Rodriguez

I purchased the ASA5505-BUN-K9 which contains the 10 user licenses. Then I realized I needed the Dual ISP support. I ordered the ASA5505-SEC-PL license to upgrade my BUN-K9. After the upgrade I run show version and that is what I get. But the ASA5505-SEC-BUN-K9 has unlimited users. After the upgrade shouldn't the user count changed to Unlimited?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: