cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Debugging/error messages

rileymartin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble getting a laptop to authenticate and I was hoping someone could help me with what debug commands to use on the AP. I've tried a few but I'm not getting anything to show up at the console prompt on the AP. I'm running Windows 2003/IAS/RADIUS with a single AIR-AP1232AG-A-K9. Everything is setup for PEAP (EAP-MSCHAP V2). Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.

Riley

3 Replies 3

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Enable the command terminal monitor from the previliege mode and then use the debug commands on the access point.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm new to both Cisco and wireless so I'm not sure exactly what debug commands would be best. I'm not familiar with everything involved in troubleshooting problems with connections/associations and authentications and the radios etc. Would you mind recommending which commands I should use and for what purpose? Thanks.

Post the errors you see on the IAS serever event viewer. Also post the show log from the AP... just so we can see the errors.

Here is a link to some of the debug commands:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_10b_JA/command/reference/cr12410b-chap2.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card