cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check source to destination traffic on E1's

c82_patel
Level 1
Level 1

I want to check due to which traffic or which source to destination my E1 goes high cpu utilizied.

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

can you post more about your requirement ?

regds

I am having 2 different network connected with E1(2 mbps leased line).But once in a day it goes high cpu utilized.So I want to know that Due to which traffic (Source to destinatino) or serivce this traffic goes hight frequently.

Hi

You can make use of netflow enabled on your ethernet interface to monitor the transaction between different systems.

You need to enable ip route-cache flow under your ethernet interface.

Once you are done with that you can monitor the same using show ip cache flow from your command line to check/verify the traffic utilisation/transaction between different ip addresses and also with relevant details about the source and destination port.

The port details will be diplayed in Hexa mode and you can decode easily to decimal value to find out the port numbers.

regds

But I have 2000 ports connected with that router.Could I do the same thing on Serial Interface Where E1 is connected.

Hello Vishal,

high CPU can be due to various reasons.

The following doc provides you starting point

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a00800a70f2.shtml

HTH

Padmanabhan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card