Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 Failover MPLS and DLL

lawrence07
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I would just like to ask if it is possible for the ASA5510 to do failover?

Our Client is using a single ASA5510 and currently their WAN link is using a dedicated leased line connection and now they are going to use an mpls connection and they would like to make the existing leased line connection to be their backup line.

How would I go about doing this? Would I just do some routing changes and add metrics to it? Do I need to have a heartbeat so that the failover would take place?

Or doing a failover with two wan links (MPLS and DLL) on a single ASA would not work?

Thank you for your reply! Have a nice day!

lawrence

1 Reply 1

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

If I understand correctly, your company will migrate to MPLS with a new circuit, and their existing internet link they will like to keep it, company want to use old circuit as a backup while the MPLS link would be their primary, if this is correct you can try this link..if new MPLS is one ISP provider and old lease line is different ISP.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: