cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

possible to launch an extenal Service Monitor from the Operations manager M

bill-mcgowan
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Unified Operations Manager "Monitoring Dashboard" screen in "Service Quality" there is an option to launch Service monitor. But this gives us a license error because we are not using the service monitor that installs on the same server as CUOM. We installed it on its own server.

I've registered service monitor with CUOM and it shows up on the Ciscoworks screen and works fine.

It just does not launch the right application from the monitoring dashboard screen.

any ideas?

thanks

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

If you installed Operations Manager with an evaluation license, you can upgrade to a purchased license. When you purchase Operations Manager, you receive a PAK. Use it to obtain a license file and install it.

Just got back to read this thanks for the response.

First I think I should have posted this in the UCOMM and Video forum - i thought I did but obviously I posted in the LMS forum.

We do have a PAK and I got the licence. The issues is that we installed Service Monitor on its own standalone server as suggested in the configuration manual for the number of phones we are monitoring.

So its installed and working fine - but: The link on the Operations managers "monitoring Dashboard" says "Click to launch Service monitor"

When we do - it attempts to launch the service monitor application thats on the CUOM server which we are not using - becasue we installed our service monitor on another server.

So all we get is a license error becasue its launching the wrong service monitor application.

thanks

** Note - this issue was resolved via post in the ucomm and video forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: