Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPDN / L2TP Configuration Assistance

Hello,

I'm looking for configuration assistance in regards to migrating a production C7301 router to a pair of C7201 routers for L2TP tunnel termination. The existing C7301 terminates L2TPv2 tunnels from wireless access points with embedded cable modems (a metro WiFi product). Each SSID from the AP is contained within a VLAN, which is mapped to the L2TP tunnel. Bridge groups are used to allow users to roam within a common geographical area without having to reassociate with the client authentication system (SSG+SME).

The goal is to terminate an access point into a C7201 via L2TP(v2 or v3), bring layer 2 traffic from VPDN to DOT1Q sub-interface, route layer 3 traffic to next hop for client authentication. I would like to find a cleaner solution than re-using the bridge group method.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

Attached is the existing C7301 configuration to clarify any potential questions.

Thanks in advance....

1 Reply 1
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: