Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM notification for devices configured with multilink

benjo.rulloda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our client has two routers with 4 serial connections to each other and configured to be members of multilink 1. Problem is, one serial connection went down but didn't send out email notification to the client. It did create a log though on Device Center as well as on Alerts and Activities under DFM. I've checked out on DFM under Device Management>Device Details that all serial interfaces that are part of the multilink 1 is set as "true" under "Is Managed". Is there something wrong with my notification groups or event set perfaps that it didn't sent out email notification? Need your advice on this.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM? Please post screenshots of the event details as well as your Notification Group configuration.

Hi Joe,

Attached herewith are the DFM version and notification group. The two devices are ECS_3745_Router_Alabang and ECS_3745_Router_Enterprise.

Here are the screenshot for the event set for the two groups: Enterprise_devices and Alabang_devices.

Finally, here are the screenshots for the email notification subscription involving the two groups.

Did you find anything wrong with the setup of Notification services?

Where are the details of the new event that was generated but did not produce a notification?

Hi Joe,

I was not able to find the event detail pertaining to the serial interface being down on Alerts and Activities on DFM. Though I was able to capture screenshot from the syslog message under Device center. Hope it would help.

If an alert or event is not being generated in DFM, then there will be no notification. If you want to send an email based on a syslog message, then you need to configure an email automated action under RME > Tools > Syslog > Automated Actions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco