Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP & Line Group

carlosjlopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

IN a CM4.2(3), How can I receive all incoming calls from a E1 (MGCP gateway) in a HUNT LIST

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's one option:

1. Create a new line group/hunt list/hunt pilot

2. Create a new partition (E1Translation, for example)

3. Create a new calling search space (E1Inbound, for example)

4. Add the E1Translation partition to the E1Inbound Calling Search Space)

5. Create a new translation pattern and leave the translation pattern field blank. Make the parition the newly created partition above. Make the Called Party Transform Mask the Hunt Pilot DN created above. Give the translation pattern a CSS with access to the partition given to the Hunt Pilot

6. On the configuration page for the E1 in CCM, under Inbound Calls, make the Calling Search Space, the CSS created above.

Another option is to create a translation pattern(s) based on the called number. This would give you the flexibility to direct different called numbers to different DNs.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's one option:

1. Create a new line group/hunt list/hunt pilot

2. Create a new partition (E1Translation, for example)

3. Create a new calling search space (E1Inbound, for example)

4. Add the E1Translation partition to the E1Inbound Calling Search Space)

5. Create a new translation pattern and leave the translation pattern field blank. Make the parition the newly created partition above. Make the Called Party Transform Mask the Hunt Pilot DN created above. Give the translation pattern a CSS with access to the partition given to the Hunt Pilot

6. On the configuration page for the E1 in CCM, under Inbound Calls, make the Calling Search Space, the CSS created above.

Another option is to create a translation pattern(s) based on the called number. This would give you the flexibility to direct different called numbers to different DNs.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

thanks for your fast reply, you are right,thats the way, but if I try leaving the translation pattern field blank, it doesnt work but I use a commodin (like 999955X) and it works fine.

Thank you very much

Carlos,

Glad that helped. After thinking this through again, you're right, a blank translation would not work. Glad you caught my mistake.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: