Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS SIP Gateways

arani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

A customer asks me how to integrate SIP protocol on IOS gateways to connect his IP communication infrastructure to VoIP service providers and carrirer.

He has already a system with callmanager and IOS Voice Gateways but he whant to add SIP and reduce traditional PSTN lines, using the Internet.

How i can implement it on Cisco IOS Voice Gateways?

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's an example configuration using CME, but the concepts are the same. The other piece would be to have the gateway/route group/route list/route pattern configuration in Callmanager to point to the H.323 gateway.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00808f9666.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's an example configuration using CME, but the concepts are the same. The other piece would be to have the gateway/route group/route list/route pattern configuration in Callmanager to point to the H.323 gateway.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00808f9666.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In addition to the good advice by Brandon, remember that if the call has to go through a router, you will need an "IP-To-IP GW" image, that in 12.4, as the filename ending with _ivs, plus you will need to "allow-connections" for the type of call like "h323 to sip" and "sip to h323" under "voice service voip".

Hope this helps, please ate post if it does!

Hi.

After a couple o test i have obtained this situation.

I can make outbound calls from Communication Manager to the PSTN via SIP Provider using a Cisco Voice Gateway.

I cannot receive inbound calls because i cannot register the sip-ua beacause i'm not using pots dialpeers but only voip dialpeers and of course i cannot use authentication them.

Ideas?

Regards.

Hi, configure credentials under sip-ua to authenticate registration to ITSP.

Hi

credentials are already configured.

sip-ua

authentication username 0543199xxxx password xxxxxxxxxxx

no remote-party-id

retry invite 2

retry register 10

retry options 1

timers connect 100

registrar dns:voip.eutelia.it expires 3600

sip-server dns:voip.eutelia.it

MEDIA-VG#sh sip-ua register status

Line peer expires(sec) registered

============ ============= ============ ===========

Without specifying authentication on pots dial-peer, nothing registers.

You're right. Please configure a dummy DP of any kind for the purpose. Destination-pattern must the number you're registering.

Guys,

This is some useful info.

p.bevilacqua , do you mind elaborating a bit further?

Cheers,

Ayo

A pots DP with "sip-register" will try to register that number. Same will do an ephone-dn.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Could you possible include some commands for both the pots DP & the ephone-dn.

Cheers for that.

I tried with ucm6be -> CUBE -> SIP PROVIDER,

and I had to set this command;

sip-ua

credentials username xxx password realm mysip.provider.net

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: