cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Subscriber Issue

nshoe18
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 subscribers on my system that when you dial their extension from an outside number Unity tells me that the extension is not recognized. I can call the extensions internally.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

open the call viewer and make a test call

this will show you exactly what digits are being sent to Unity to process the call and identify the subscriber

it might be that the digits Unity is receiving is not the subscriber DN

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

For clarification, when you call the IP phones from outside, the calls don't cover to Unity voicemail, i.e. Unity gives you the Opening greeting message? Or the phones don't even ring when you call from the outside? The second problem would be more of a routing issue or the wrong voicemail profile in CallManager. When you call the subscribers from the inside, do you hear their voicemail greetings, i.e. coverage to voicemail is working? What version of Unity are you using? Have you run the Unity CallViewer to see what information is coming in when you call the subscribers? You could post that info here. Also, if you are NOT using CallManager, but another PBX, that is also valuable info and the Call Viewer won't help (for CCM integrations only). You could use Port Status monitor instead.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: