Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11503 DFP setup questions

ryan.schmotter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer currently using round-robin SLB on a 11503. They are looking at implementing Dynamic Feedback Protocol (DFP) agents to try to get more granular weighting for LB decisions. Has anyone used DFP, or are you familiar with the agents available for HP Blade Servers/Windows 2003 or other OS? Has it resulted in any performance gains? We don't want to waste to many cycles if it will not give us double digit gains in performance.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Honestly, I have seen many attemps from different people to use DFP, but was never convinced that they got better result than leastconn.

Gilles.

So, you would recommend leastconn? My customer is using round-robin (without weighting) and they seem to be insisting on testing using DFP. We can't seem to find any doco on DFP agents for HP Servers running Windows. Does anyone have any knowledge of DFP agents for HP servers?

Yes, I would recommend leastconn.

The only agent I know is for IBM mainframe since DFP was developped by Cisco with the help of IBM.

I have seen people developping their own agent but nothing available on the market.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: