Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5350 D-Channel Out of Service on Nortel DMS

I am trying to connect an as5350xm to my nortel dms via ISDN PRI. I have many other 5300's and 5400's connected this way. My problem is that on the as5350 I cannot get the d-channel to come into service. I am testing this with 2 T1's in an nfas group with a single d-channel on the first t1. When I run a sho nfas group the d-channel state goes from waiting to "out of service". I've tried using both primary-ni and primary-dms100 switch types.

Does anyone else have this issue? I dont have a problem with 5300's or 5400's.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yep. Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any chance is something on the circuit ? "debug isdn q931" should revel if that's the case.

I doubt it as I can plug in any of my AS5300's or AS5400's to the same circuit and the D-Channel comes up. Its weird because the DMS see's the d-channel as up and in service, but the cisco does not.

I will run some more debugs on it tomorrow and look through the q931 messaging. I'm not an expert on isdn signaling so if you or anyone else cares to take a look at them that would be great.

Some IOS have ISDN broken code. You can load the same IOS version that works on the 5400, on the 5350 to be on the safe side.

So I changed to 12.4(19) and the d-channel comes up flawlessly!

Yep. Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!