cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity using multiple exchange servers

tato386
Level 6
Level 6

My Unity 4.2 box has users whose mailboxes reside on several different Exchange servers. I would like to consolidate on one Exchange. How will this affect my Unity? Are any of the Exchange servers special? Or can I simple move the user mailboxes and uninstall the servers? On a related note, what is the best way to backup my Unity box? I like to use ARCserve backup with a Windows agent to backup Windows servers over the network. Will this work for a Unity server also?

Thanks,

Diego

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re-Run MSCW to relocate the Exchange partner.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is a special server, and that is the partner exchange.

You can look which one is by looking in the GUSI.

When you move the mailboxes the RUS should take care of updating all the info thru the AD, Unity, DC, GC, etc.

If done properly and all the accounts already have the proper permissions there should be no issue moving the mailboxes.

Once all the MB are moved you should test them and then you can take out the other exchange boxes.

about the backup

Support Policy for Backup Software

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/support/42lsupp.html#wp468097

About Backing Up a Cisco Unity System

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/maintenance/guide/ex/mg_0450.html

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have moved several mailboxes and it looks good so far. However it seems that one of the servers that I want to eliminate is the partner Exchange. How do I move that role to another server.

Also, thanks for the backup links. They look very useful.

Diego

Re-Run MSCW to relocate the Exchange partner.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: