Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1130AG working with Mac OS 10.5.2 and 10.4.9

poirotd
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

Our school has Cisco 1130AG Access Points throughout the building. Currently we're looking to start incorporating our new Macbooks and Macbook Pros into the wireless network. We also have a small media lab with iMac's that are running OS 10.4.9. I can't seem to get any of these to work. The network has a hidden SSID and is using WPA2 (TKIP & AES) encryption. All windows machines connect fine, when I enter the information in to manually join a network it looks like the Macs see the network but it says connection timeout. Apple engineers have told me that it's a Cisco problem that they're trying to fix on the Apple end?? Is this something that can work or is it not even worth trying? Thanks for your help.

- Dayne

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

This problem may be due to the inactivity timeout on Cisco APs. When an adapter goes in to sleep mode the AP de-authenticates the wireless client because of this timeout. You can use command "timeout absolute" to configure a higher timeout.

macfizzle
Level 1
Level 1

I use Macs in my environment, and they run great. My site uses 1131 and 1231's, with EAP-FAST authentication. I did have a couple of strange issues though with Leopard, which I will share below:

1) With 10.5, I would have to turn my radion off & on to get it to associate. Once I upgraded to 10.5.2, it worked great.

2) With 802.1X based authenticaiton, the setup is a bit counter intuitive. I had ot make sure that I was selecting user based credentials for non-domain Macs. I would then delete the entry in my wireless sites that the 802.1X would enter, and recreate it to set the proper encryption scheme.

Hope that helps =)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card