cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Redundancy

fahad.sheikh
Level 1
Level 1

I am running HSRP between two Internet routers, both are connected to different ISP's.

Behind these routers I have a Cisco PIX, where I have natted my private IP to a Public IP of specific ISP (of range 203.197.x.x.).

How can I acheive internet redundancy in this scenarion????

My other ISP IP range is 125.18.x.x.

3 Replies 3

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

You would need to do the NAT on the routers. You could also use GLBP to load balance between the two.

Please rate helpful posts.

In addition to information provided by previous poster, you may look into well known link redundant/bakup dual ISP through backup interface, although this architecture does not privides load balancing you may still achive inbound traffic through backup isp link via two nat statemets, you would need atleast pix code 7.x as this feature was introduced in code 7.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

Personaly I would prefer load balancing, and nat at the router like previous poster said, but it all depends what your requirements are and where all your NAT statements configurations reside and how many they currenly are in your PIX. If you are looking for just backup ISP then look into backup interface and dual ISP in PIX/ASA.

HTH

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

As I am running a VPN over the primary ISP I would not able to load balance. Further the point where I like the nat to happen is @ my PIX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card