Views
Helpful
Replies

voice and data vlans in CE500

erodrig
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i`m trying to configure a catalyst 3560 L3 switch and some CE500, i want to create 2 vlans one for voice (vlan2) and one for data (vlan1), and i need that vlan 2 can reach vlan1 but i have a problem there isn't comunication between both vlans

i have already create vlan 2 in catalyst 3560 with network 147.121.248.0/24 and vlan1 147.121.245.0/24

in CE500 port's i have configured access vlan 1 and voice vlan 2, but there is no conectivity

in summary, i need to configure one vlan for voice and one for data, and that the voice vlan can reach data vlan and configure qos at the catalyst switches for Avaya ip phones

i hear any idea

thanks

7 Replies 7

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Erodrig,

It sounds like you will want to configure InterVlan Routing. You would do this by configuring subinterfaces. I.E. FA0/1.1, FA0/1.2, FA0/1.3. FA0/1.X = X would be the equivilant to the vlan you have created. I.E. Vlan 4 would be FA0/1.4.

Remember Vlans are their own broadcast domain, so members of 1 vlan cannot establish connection with members of another vlan without Inter-Vlan routing. You will also need to configure you L3 switch with ip routing.

HTH,

Please rate

Justin

Hi Justin

the intervlan routing is already configured in catalyst Layer3 switch, this is the config file

thanks

Are you trunking the interface between your CE500 and your 3560? You should have an interface configured on both devices to trunk and send both vlans over the trunk. Set your default gateway on the devices to be 147.121.248.1 for vlan 2 and 147.121.245.11 for vlan 1. then try pinging.

MC

Hi Erodrig,

I don't see any InterVlan routing setup, I do see that you are Vlan trunking but not intervlan routing.

You may also want to reference this for your trunk port.

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

description Connection to ########

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,2X,3X

switchport mode trunk

speed 1000

duplex full

!

To configure Intervlan routing you need to configure subinterfaces on your vlan trunk port.

Please review the document below, this will definitely help

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/50.shtml

HTH, Please rate

BTW, PLEASE start encrypting passwords.

Regards,

Justin

He is using SVIs on his 3560s essentially doing L3 switching. His 3560 will do the intervlan routing and he will have no need for a subinterface. I think if he trunks between the 2 and allow both vlans across the trunk, it will work.

The following commands need to be on both sides:

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport mode trunk

spanning-tree portfast

Thanks for clarifying Matt, and teaching me something new today. ;)

Regards,

Justin

Hi Matt

i am trunking in both sides, in the catalyst 3560 iam connectin the CE500 in port g0/21 and is configured with encapsulation dot1q and mode trunk, and in the CE500 automatically becomes trunk when configure the port as smartport role switch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco