cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Vista Business SP1 VPN Error 414

jpwinsea
Level 1
Level 1

Using Cisco VPN Client version 5.0.02.0090-k9 with OS Vista Business SP1 Error "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 414: Failed to establish a TCP connection." This only begin to happen (every try) after Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) was updated automatically by Windows Update.

2 Replies 2

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

You need to uninstall and the re-install VPN client on your machine. Also check if the client properties are not modified/changed. Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_tech_note09186a00807e0aca.shtml

Thnaks for your help, so I tried your VPN Clien uninstall/reinstall suggestion but it did not seem to help my Error "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 414: Failed to establish a TCP connection." and the link you gave me did not reference this error. I did find that by uninstalling Zone Alarm free version 7.1.248 that my problem was solved so I guess it must be a Vista SP1 conflict with Zone Alarm.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: