Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call restriction: set amount af time

Hello everybody,

I had the following question: is there any way to set the time limit for a certain destination and a certain phone/phones? For examle: to set limit of totally 1 hour per month for international calls for managers, etc...It doesn't matter whether it is with FAC and CMC or without.

Will accept any advice...thanks in advance

PS: probably there is a 3rd-party products compatitble with my CCM4.2 that can provide this function...

6 Replies 6

mattcalderon
Level 4
Level 4

I see you have the FAC with your call manager as a possibility but you also have Time of day (TOD) routing.

Check it out.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_2/ccmsys/a03tod.html

Thank you mattcalderon, but i need not a period of time what TOD offers, I need a "credit". For example I allowed only 2 hours per month on international numbers(not from from 15pm till 17pm or other time but 2 hours overall - if you made an international call for 2 hours - ccm would block this opportunity to you till the next month), anyway thanks

ohh I see. I am not aware of anything, but rob or Paulo may have some ideas.

I don;t think the CM can do that. You would need to send the call via a router that in turn does AAA to a radius server that keeps the credit per user in a database. You would then become a mini-telco operating calling cards. That is very complicated, too much for a standard installation.

Thanks Paulo for the quick response. I guess that implementation would not be an easy one or necessarily cheap.

Really thank for a quick response.That was just I wanted. And nice description of alternative.Fair 5 points)).

PS: Probably you know where to get more info of the scheme you've described.(I mean exact link)

Anyway, thank you again

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: