cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NM-CEM-4SER real life experience

valentineamalu
Level 1
Level 1

Please does anyone have real life experience implementing the above module on any Cisco router ? I'm doing so presently, but the performance has not been consistent, to say the least.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In the past someone has mentioned here some problem, was directed to the TAC, never heard anymore. Which exact IOS are you testing with ?

I'm running C3845-SPSERVICESK9-M. Version 12.4(15)T1. My setup is as below;

BERT tester------3845 router with CEM-----Satellite modem(remote location)------------------------------------(teleport)Satellite modem---3845 route with CEM with network loop.

My BERT test runs clean on one port at 2MB, but generates tons of erros if try another port on 2MB. It runs clean if run the other port on less than 2MB, say 1MB.

Any ideas anyone ?

Sorry I can't offer any real experience but the fact that just moving the circuit from one port to another degrades the performances, makes one think it's a problem with the product itself. Suggest you seek help from the tac, don't let the case to the engineer on duty, ask for immediate escalation to the product-specific team.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card