Dynamic Trans Route Label

Unanswered Question
Mar 25th, 2008

I am working with an ICM-ICM Gateway (6.x host and 7.x client) and have a need to return a somewhat dynamic label on a trans route. In order to get the call back to the originating gateway on the Client ICM I need to prepend specific strings to the label to make this easy on all of us.

The original thought was that the client ICM could modify the return label and THEN dial the digits but we quickly realized that's not possible. So that means the client CCM or the Host ICM have to treat the label.

So the question is: Who knows the right format for a Translation Route Label that can essentially concatenate a variable with some static digits?

Assuming we're using Variable5 to store a dynamic value of: 8100 through 8999 and configuring the same "digits" of: 1231234 for each label, I thought that we could use a label format of: %51231234 but that's returning the whole string instead of inserting the Variable5 data for the %5.

The alternative to this is configuring several hundred Trans Route Pools which none of us are looking forward to.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
SEAN NILSEN Mon, 03/31/2008 - 09:56

Thanks for that but there's nothing in there that is helpful.

The SRND is really good for design considerations (and all the talk of labels in that doc is really CVP switch/vru leg specific) but really not useful for defining a specific label format/functionality. Turns out that after talking to TAC and ICM BU folks that this feature is not currently available.

I've asked our account team to submit it as a feature request so we'll see when/if it makes it to a future release. I can't imagine we're the only ones having this issue.

Maybe everyone else is quietly just "dealing with it". :-)

davidgoude Wed, 04/02/2008 - 12:45

I'm working with ICM 7, so I don't know if the same thing is available in 6, but you should be able to do this with a simple concatenate formula. We use this function to prepend a dial string for our agent voicemail.

give this a shot as the label expression:

SEAN NILSEN Wed, 04/02/2008 - 12:51

Are you doing this in a Label node or in a Route Select node using a Trans Route? I need to get this working using the latter method because we are switching routing clients and I need to move the data with the call.

The format you referenced is where I started and in ICM 6, it passed the whole string: concatenate(call.PeripheralVariable5,1231234)

Instead of actually performing the concatenate.

This Discussion