Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange Subscriber issues: Possible Replication Issue? Running CMv5.1

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been running into several issues lately that I think revolve around replication between my Subs/Pubs.

High overview of my current setup: Clustering over the WAN with a Subscriber at my local site and a Sub/Pub at another site. The phones at my site are registered to the local Sub with the remote site's Sub/Pub as backup. Also have a local gateway for PSTN access.

The first issue I noticed was when we deleted a phone/DN from the CallManager (and it was completely gone from CM), when I called the number, it would still route to voicemail as if it still existed in CM and was set to CallForwardAll to Voicemail. There was no pattern matching the number of the user's phone that I removed. Eventually it fixed itself. Also a reboot of the local Subscriber would fix it.

The second issue I ran into was the phones where I am at unregistered to the local Subscriber and registered across the WAN to the Sub/Pub at a remote site. The local PSTN gateway stayed registered to this local Subscriber. The Subscriber was still up and services were still running but the phones weren't registered to it anymore. I had to reboot the Subscriber and that fixed the issue.

The last issue I noticed is the Active/Standby CMs displayed on the phone do not match up with the Call Manager Group configuration on CM. In the CM Admin pages, I have the list configured as: 1) Sub01 2) Sub02 3) Pub but the phones are showing Active/Standby/Tertiary in this order: 1) Sub01 2) Pub 3) Sub02. Again, these phones are currently registered to the local subscriber and it seems that all problems point back to this subscriber.

Would appreciate any info/advice/direction/solution I could get.

4 Replies 4

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

What is the link speed over the WAN? i know cisco have recommendations on the min link speed.

cheers

mark

Plenty of bandwidth, its like 10Mbps or around there.

do you comply with the maximum 40 ms RTT from and to every node in the cluster?

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, way under that. I don't think it is a reachability issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: