Replies

Localization on 7945 and CME 4.1

rick_ikari_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i start to use a 7945, with a 2811 and a cme 4.1

But i have a problem to set locale.

I download the latest version of firmware, and upload it to flash.

then:

tftp-server apps45.8-3-3-17.sbn

tftp-server cnu45.8-3-3-17.sbn

tftp-server cvm45sccp.8-3-3-17.sbn

tftp-server dsp45.8-3-3-17.sbn

tftp-server jar45sccp.8-3-3-17.sbn

tftp-server SCCP45.8-3-4SR1S.loads

tftp-server term45.default.loads

tftp-server term65.default.loads

after that as usual, i give:

telephony-serviceload

7945 SCCP45.8-3-4SR1S

create cnf-files

but i retrive a localization error(i set it to italian), and on a tftp debug:

Mar 25 17:34:30.820: TFTP: Looking for Italian_Italy/be-sccp.jar

i know the cme-locale pkg, used for 7911 etc... but it's the first time i see the request of a "be-sccp.jar".

Ty in advance.

3 Replies 3

v_bashaev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Today I've come across the same problem - no such file be-sccp.jar. I played the following trick: took the file ru-td-sccp.jar, which was used by 7970 phone (which had successfully taken on the russian locale) and published it on tftp with the alias of Russia-Russian\be-sccp.jar (for your country the path will be different). The phone took the file and now it is localized successfully.

But somehow with such a change it lost the ability to add personal speed-dials under services button.. beware.

How did you put personal speed-dials under service button ?

I may well be mistaken, but it comes with sample applications accessible through the services button that Cisco provides in a SDK. It has a bunch of apps like calendar and clock and also this thing. But even if we consider the phone firmware and model on which this is fully functional, those speed dials never go to button labels and are accessible only from the services menu. But yet customizable on the fly.

Any suggestions to the aforementioned problem?

I tend to think it is character encoding and charset. If I set anything other then UTF-8 in cnf file those functions begin to work but the phone reverts to default iso charset and displays localized info as rubbish unreadable stuff.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: