cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7931 Multi Call Line Configuration

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

According to documentation for the 7931 IP Phones it is recomended that the 7931 be configured for only one call per line. With this being said I would like these 7931's to be able to handle more than one call. My question is what is the best way to accomplish this. I really have no need to have multiple directory numbers per phone, so I would prefer to have only one number assigned to each phone. I know I can configure the same directory number in multiple partitions and assign each one to a separate line button. But then I have to setup call forward busy from the first line to the second line, which seems like a lot of work when you are looking at multiple phones. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Any thoughts? We are running callmanager 6.1.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

just got the same question a couple of weeks ago and the thing is that every product is created to solve a certain need and with some considerations in mind.

when this model was developed the main thought was to provide a functionality similar to a phone with a sidecar, in which you can monitor or handle several lines, but... one per button.

the consideration of only one call per line is a little dumb because you need at least 2 calls per line to make a conference or a transfer in the real life so usually you need to set this to 2 to provide functionality

i agree the WA of having a cascade takes some time for the configuration but you can have the same configuring a line group per phone and a hunt pilot to avoid the process of going to each DN and setting the CFB and CFNA

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, maybe you can explain me better than cisco guides...

I read too the 7931 guide which says that this phone does not support multiple call on 1 line. So, that's why the Maximum Call value is set to 1.

But, in another part of the guide, it says that with CTI application you need to set the value to 2. So, is it possible or not?

To be sure, I tested to set Max call to 2, and No Rollover parameter. The help says that the Rollover Off should disallow transfer and conferences. But, with the max value to 2, I tried and it works normally.

I am able to do multiple call with the same line, to transfer with consult, to do conference, etc.

The guide is not clear about it, can you tell me why the phone 7931 works better than expected? Is there a hidden trap?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Yorick Petey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: