Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Routing Question.

shawnreis
Level 1
Level 1

Forgive me if this get confusing.

I have a new ASA 5510, I have set it up for VPN use. I can vpn via IPSEC and connect to 2 of my subnets .0 and .64 (we have 4 subnets in our range) I can ping, http(s), connect to shares, SSH etc. I am using the ACL from our outgoing VPN box so I nothing there should be wrong. The problem I am having is getting to our lab network which is on the .128 subnet. I can't ping, connect, http anything.

Is there some special routing I need to do in order for people who VPN in to see that subnet? (For testing purposes the ASA is behind the firewall and connected directly to .0 subnet so I know it's not the firewall and everything else on that subnet can see our lab.)

Thanks for helping out the new guy.

Shawn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shawn-

Your .0 & .64 subnets are considered 'interesting traffic' (by an ACL) and they are not NAT'd and sent across the VPN tunnel. You need to add the .128 subnet to both the ACL that says no NAT and that specifies interesting traffic. If you run into any snags, post a sanitized config and we'll be able to give a more detailed answer.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Shawn-

Your .0 & .64 subnets are considered 'interesting traffic' (by an ACL) and they are not NAT'd and sent across the VPN tunnel. You need to add the .128 subnet to both the ACL that says no NAT and that specifies interesting traffic. If you run into any snags, post a sanitized config and we'll be able to give a more detailed answer.

HTH

I currently only have 1 ACL in place. Should I have another one?

Cisco suggests using two, but it's common to only see one. Don't worry about creating another ACL.

That worked like a Charm.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card