Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding calls after hours

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi guys

I have a customer that wants to forward calls to mobile phones after hours. The plan is for a call to be forwarded to a mobile and if that doesnt answer forward it to the next one and so on.

They are using a uc500/CME so I was looking at things like call connect but its pretty pricey just to do that.

Also you have problems like what if the mobile is out of service then it will be forwarded straight to the VM instead of being sent to the next mobile.

Does any one have any ideas on how i can do this??

2 Replies 2

Tim Smith
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I dont know if there is a simple way to do that. Is it always the same list of mobiles to ring?

You could possibly write a TCL script on the CME box.

Alternatively maybe a service provider could offer you something. We used Flextel in the UK at one point.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks 0tim

paolo b: do you think we could modify your bcast tcl script to broadcast to a set of mobile phone numbers?

So when a customer calls after hours the script kicks in and calls the set of specified mobile phone numbers.

They reason they are tryin to go with cisco is to get away form paying a fortune for the external service that does this.

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: