Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Authentication - ACS

omarmontes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys:

We have an 4402 controller running 4.0.206 and a 4.1.1 ACS appliance. In the controller we are using some WLANS with MAC authentication (that works fine) and one WLAN that should be using Web Authentication. Here is the problem:

If i configure the user/pass in the ACS, and then try to connect to the WebAuth SSID, the user never gets IP and never sees the authentication page..

IF I also configure the mac-address of that particular machine, then the user gets IP and then sees the authentication page, enter the user/password and the thing works fine.

Obviously, there is no need to enter the mac-address of the user if we are just using the web authentication, but for some reason it is only working if we enter the mac-address also.

Also, in the "passed authentication" log of the ACS, we see the user/password attempt working, but in the "logged in users" we se the user as the mac-address.

weird?

any help really apreatiated

2 Replies 2

omarmontes
Level 1
Level 1

Update:

I disabled HTTPS and enables HTTP, and now it works, but the "logged in users" log in the ACS is not working now. The RADIUS accounting account is working, i see the start-stop messages, but the "logged in users" always show 0 users.

samuelwai
Level 1
Level 1

hello :

I want to know what's you mean connect to the webauth SSID via ACS user configured already ?

is it you mean the client can access the SSID without any layer 2 auth and get a ip address auto . and then the only security the client must pass is the web auth via a web browser ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: