Crossover to straight cable

Unanswered Question
Mar 25th, 2008

When connecting a PC directly to a router,we need to use the crossover cable.but when we don`t have one,which command can we use on the router so that it can allow a PC to be plugged to the router using straight cable ?


I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
royalblues Tue, 03/25/2008 - 23:52

If the router supports auto mdix, then straight cable would also work.

The command if supported is mostly enabled by default


meballard Tue, 03/25/2008 - 23:55

I don't know if the Cisco routers support the auto-MDIX feature or not (I just checked a 3845 and I didn't see a reference to the command).

Note that a lot of computer ethernet cards support auto-MDIX these days, so even if the router doesn't support it, as long as the computer you are using does, it will work regardless of the cable type.


This Discussion