Views
Helpful
Replies

To customize the system default tone in CCM

eric.neoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all.

Would like to check if anyone has ever come across changing or modifying the system default tones in CCM especially the busy tone and fast busy tone when a called party phone or CTI Route Point is not available/busy?

Are they just wave files reside in the CallManager TFTP path folder? Appreciate any help to achieve this as I need to know the way to achieve this desperately.

My CallManager version is 4.0(2a) sr2b

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Eric

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eric,

These tones are normally changed via the Network locale files. These files provide country-specific phone tones and gateway tones, if available. Network-only locale installers exist on cisco.com.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/loc_inst/4_x/li401sr2.html

Is this what you are referring to?

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi, Rob.

Thanks for the advice. I just want to update and replace the existing busy tone or reorder tone with my own recorded wave file. Of course they will be in the proper supported file format. E.g. AnnBusyTone.wav..

I do not want to install any other locale files into the existing CCM..

Hope you can enlighten me again.

Thanks & Regards,

Eric

Hi Eric,

I wish that I could add something more here but I am at a complete loss :( I always thought these tones were cp-tones?? The reference that you have shown I thought were Annunciator tones. Hopefully someone else here has done what you are looking to do and can give you some good help :)

Sorry mate,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: