Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MGCP gateway registeration issue

hi,

MGCP gateway is showing " registering with CM" and it keeps on trying with CCM.

i checked the config also but in vain.

10 Replies 10

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you post your config as well as the domain name entered for your gateway in CCM config?

Brandon

I agree with Brandon. your host name and domain name MUST match between the call manager and your gateway.

Link for Gateway config.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/interop/intcnf1.html#wp1027337

Check this link for troubleshooting gateway registration failures

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805a316c.shtml#prob

hi,

thx for prompt reply.

the gateway name is same in callmanager and gateway. i tried removing domain also.

i am posting the config and debug of mgcp events.

From "R01801.interior.gov.bh" in the debug, it appears that you have a domain name configured on the gateway. Be aware that this domain name must appear in the CCM config as well. You cannot simply use R01801.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

ya i tried both adding and removing ip domain from router and CCM but still the same issue with other routers its working.. donno whts wrong with this one.

After looking at your debug, you have verified that your gw name in ccm is R01801.interior.gov.bh ?

just a bit quicker than I brandon, but essentially the same thing.

ya i tried both adding and removing ip domain from router and CCM but still the same issue with other routers its working.. donno whts wrong with this one.

do a "no mgcp" then "mgcp" again, see if that could bring the GW to register.

please also post the "show ccm-manager" output.

hi,

I am able to register the gateway.

i just registered one of the port of gateway on the callmanager and it worked like it should have...

thanks for all your contributions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: